Source of Image : https://www.onthewater.com/spinning-reels-then-and-now
DID YOU KNOW, this horizontal reel or spinning reel was first invented and used in Europe in the 1930s. After World War II, a wealthy sportsman named BACHE BROWN had traveled to France to help develop a small horizontal reel that he had named himself and brought to the United States to market.
In the fishing world, the use of horizontal reels is more widespread than other sets of reels. It is likely that its simpler handling method and more user -friendly design are the main reasons for the selection of this type of reel machine. Even so, many still do not know the actual function of each part of this horizontal reel.
HORIZONTAL LEFT ROLL
Basically, the reel serves as a storage place for the fishing line. It is made of several types of materials such as plastic (ABS), plastic (ABS-Chromed Plated), plastic (graphite) and aluminum.
HORIZONTAL LEFT ROLL
Each reel has a drive gear (side teeth) and pinion gear (middle teeth). Generally the diameter of the gear pinion is smaller compared to the drive gear. This difference is used to calculate the gear ratio. If the diameter of the gear pinion is smaller, then the less surface contact with the drive gear and the energy generated is also smaller. Types of pinion gear and drive gear materials, among others:
BODY AND ROTOR
Usually the body and rotor are made of materials:
1. Plastic (ABS),
2. Plastic (graphite),
3. Aluminum, (strong and expensive)
TYPE OF DRAG ON SPINNING KEKILI
Drag serves as a tension regulator of the fishing line while fishing. The type of drag on a spinning reel is divided into two:
1. Front Drag (front drag) which promises good results
2. Rear Drag
STOPPING SYSTEM ON SPINNING KEKILI
Stopping system is a locking system on the reel. Stopping systems on spinning reels are divided into three types:
1, Rachet stopping system,
2. Rotor stopping system (multi stopping system),
3. One way stopping system,
OSCILLATING SYSTEM ON SPINNING REEL
Oscillating system is a system of spool movement (up/down spool). The types of oscillating systems are:
1. Arm oscillating system, is the first generation of all types of oscillating systems.
2. Gear oscillating system, 1.5-2 times the rotation of the handle = 1 time up/down the spool.
3. Worm shaft oscillating system, 1.5 times the rotation of the handle = 1 time the rise/fall of the spool.
4. Super slow oscillating system, 4 times handle rotation = 1 time up/down spool.
HANDLE KEKILI SPINNING
Types of handles on spinning reels include:
Normal handle (regular handle), One touch handle (folding handle), Balance handle
For the handle arm, the material is made of: Plastic, & Aluminum
BALL BEARING KEKILI SPINNING
Types of Ball Bearings used on spinning reels, among them are:
1. Chrome Steel (open type), cheap price, easy to get water, dust and dirt.
2. Chrome Steel (double shield/shielded), the price is cheap, but not easy to get water and dirt because both sides of the ball bearing are closed.
3. Stainless Steel (double shield/shielded), expensive, strong and stainless and both sides of the ball bearing are closed.